Ingredients:Coconut Secret Brine
- 1 Cup Coconut Secret Sauce
- Tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Hot Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic, Smashed ¼ Cup Red Onion, Thinly Sliced
Herbed Goat Cheese
- ½ Cup Goat Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Sage, Minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves, Minced ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt ¼ teaspoon Black Peppercorns, Ground
- 2 Pork Chops, Bone-In
- 1 Peach, Halved and Pit Removed
- Yellow Cornmeal Grits, Fully Cooked to Package Instructions
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, Chopped
Make the pork chop brine by dissolving the dark brown sugar into the hot water. Then add the bay leaf, black peppercorns, thyme, whole grain mustard, garlic, onion, and Coconut Secret Sauce. Let cool to room temperature.
Brine the pork chops by submerging the meat in the brine. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours, up to
Make the herbed goat cheese by folding the goat cheese with sage, thyme leaves, kosher salt, and black pepper. Hold chilled until service.
Grill the brined pork chops and peach halves until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 150°F and peaches are slightly softened and charred. After removing pork chops from the grill, let them rest for ~5 minutes.
Serve the grilled pork chops and peaches with grits, herb goat cheese, and chopped parsley.
Recipe created by Coconut Secret Chef, Rosalyn Darling.
“The Coconut Aminos did an excellent job creating salinity in the brine while also adding a dynamic flavor and nice brown color to the pork chops. I think this would work well in chicken as well!”