1 pound green beans, trimmed
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Coconut Secret Organic Coconut Aminos
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, season with salt and add the green beans.
- 2. Boil 1 minute, drain and rinse with cold water, then place on a kitchen towel to dry thoroughly.
- 3. Combine the coconut aminos and wine or sherry in a small bowl and set aside. Place the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes in another small container.
- 4. Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or a 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within a second or two when added to the pan. Add the avocado oil and swirl around in the pan.
- 5. Add the garlic and ginger, stir-frying for no more than 10 seconds, then add the green beans and toss together.
- 6. Add the coconut aminos and sherry and stir-fry for one to two minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and serve.
Recipe inspired by Stir-Fried Garlic Green Beans by Martha Rose Shulman featured in NY Times Cooking