Ingredients:2 lbs chicken wings
1/2 C Coconut Secret Spicy Coconut Aminos
1/2 C Fish Sauce
3/4 cup sugar or monk fruit sweetener
2 fl oz Rice Vinegar
2 Tbl Peanut Butter
1 whole lime, juiced
1 medium shallot, minced
8 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbl Star Anise pods
2 Fresno peppers, sliced
2 Tbl Sesame seeds
Roasted Salted Peanuts, lightly chopped
Green Onions, sliced
Sesame Seeds (optional)
1. Combine all marinade ingredients and whisk or stir until fully combined.
2. Place chicken wings and marinade in gallon ziploc bag, mix and refrigerate for at least two hours, or overnight.
3. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high. Remove wings from marinade and place on sheet pan or plate. Strain remaining marinade into sauce pan, and put on low heat.
4. Grill wings, flipping only once - until golden and crispy, with burnt edges - and an internal temperature of 165F.
5. While the chicken grills, stir sauce and reduce until thick and smooth, about 10-12 minutes.
6. Served with wings tossed in sauce or with sauce as a side dipper. Top with peanuts, green onion and sesame seeds.
Recipe created by Coconut Secret Chef, Mike Shethar. “I thought these were fantastic - I added some peanut butter to bring down the heat a little bit and round out the flavor. The party that I served them to LOVED the wings, and they are now Coconut Secret fans for sure!”