Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped or grated
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 cups spinach
- 14 oz soft vacuum-packed udon noodles
- 1-2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce or Sriracha, to taste
- ¼ cup Coconut Secret Organic Coconut Aminos
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- Sesame seeds
- Green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
- Parsley or cilantro, chopped
1. Prep your veggies and set them aside.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until mixed.
3. Fill a large bowl with hot tap water and soak the noodles. Or, simply use fresh udon noodles directly from the package.
4. In a large frying pan or wok, add avocado oil and heat the pan to medium-high. Once hot, add carrots or hearty veggies of choice (we used red cabbage, zucchini, and bell peppers) for a minute or so and stir, followed by the onions for another thirty seconds or more. Stir all the veggies until tender.
5. Drain noodles or take them out of the package. If soaked, stir and cook in the pan for thirty seconds or more, until excess water evaporates.
6. Add sauce and cook for another thirty seconds, stirring the mixture so everything becomes well combined. Add spinach or any tender greens last, until wilted.
7. Serve into a bowl or plate, garnish and enjoy!
*This recipe is adapted from Seasons and Suppers.