- 10 ounces king oyster mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Coconut Secret Organic Coconut Aminos or Organic Spicy Coconut Aminos
- ¼ cup Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 Fresno or jalapeno pepper, finely chopped for garnish
- 3 tablespoons green onion, finely chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Salt, to taste
Instructions1. Use a damp cloth to clean the mushrooms. Cut lengthwise and set to the side.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the minced garlic, avocado oil, and spicy or regular coconut aminos to create the marinade.
3. Soak the mushrooms in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. Let the mixture chill in the fridge.
4. If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes in water prior to use.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the marinade and add width-wise to skewers. Depending on the size of the mushrooms, you may need to use two skewers (see our recipe photo for reference).
6. Cover the mushrooms over indirect heat on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
7. Cover the mushrooms over indirect heat on the grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.