- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce & Marinade
- 3 tablespoons veggie or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Nutiva Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Egg roll Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Nutiva Avocado Oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 pound ground pork, turkey, chicken, or beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 16 ounces of coleslaw mix or chopped cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots; skip if in coleslaw mix
- 4 servings of cooked rice, white or brown
- 2-3 green onions, bias-cut
- Sriracha mayo, optional
1.Sauce: In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk together the cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce & Marinade. Then, add in the remaining 2 tablespoons Coconut Secret Seasoning Sauce & Marinade, 3 tablespoons broth, 2 teaspoons Nutiva Avocado Oil, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. Whisk together until everything is smooth.
2. Prep Veggies: Thinly slice half of the red onion. Mince the ginger and the garlic. Open the coleslaw mix or chop cabbage and carrots. Thinly slice the red pepper and then cut the in half horizontally. Thinly slice the green onions, bias-cut.
3. Cook ground pork/meat: Heat a wok or large, deep saute pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon Nutiva Avocado Oil to coat the whole pan. Once it’s simmering, reduce heat to medium and add the chopped red onion. Stir in the ginger and garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute, basically until fragrant. Add the ground pork to the center of the pan. Let it cook without stirring for 30 seconds. Then, use a wooden spoon to break apart the meat into crumbles and cook until the meat is no longer pink. This should take about 5-8 minutes. Thoroughly mix in the onions, garlic, and ginger into the ground meat.
4. Cook veggies: Set the heat to medium-high. Add the red pepper and the entire bag of coleslaw, or the chopped cabbage and matchstick carrots. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, and then pour in the sauce. Continue to cook, stirring and mixing the ingredients, until sauce is absorbed into the mixture and the veggies are cooked through and tender.
5. Plating and toppings: Taste and add additional Coconut Secret Organic Seasoning Sauce & Marinade, Sriracha sauce, and salt to taste. Top with bias cut green onions. Serve over white or brown rice. Use Sriracha mayo on top if you’re looking for a creamier sauce.
*This recipe is adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron.