- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch lengths
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife
- 4 slices ginger
- 10-15 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 packs ramen noodles
- For serving: seared tofu, nori sheets, sliced green onions, bok choy, chilis, sesame seeds
Instructions1. In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add in the green onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Stir in the shiitake mushrooms and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable broth, water, coconut aminos, miso, and coconut sugar. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and stir well to ensure the miso has dissolved into the broth. Discard the sliced ginger.
5. Turn the heat up to medium-high, add in the ramen noodles and cook until they are al dente. Divide into bowls and serve with your preferred toppings.