A delightful, Vegan everyday fall dish or side to your Thanksgiving meal.
- 3 acorn squash, seeds removed and cut in half
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cups tightly packed kale
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers, diced
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Organic Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp each fresh rosemary, oregano, sage, and thyme, finely chopped
- salt& pepper, to taste
- dried cranberries, for garnish
- 1/2 cup Garlic Organic Liquid Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp & 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
3. Place squash halves upside down in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water for 30 minutes (if you need to use 2 baking dishes, then use 1/4 cup water in each dish).
4. In a small pot, cook the 1/2 cup dry quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, sauté the onion, bell peppers, and herbs in the Liquid Coconut Oil with Garlic in a large pan on medium low for about 10 minutes.
6. Add kale, quinoa, salt, and pepper, and sauté for a final 1-2 minutes.
7. Remove the squash from oven, flip up, and stuff with quinoa mixture evenly between all 6 squash boats.
8. Return to the oven and bake for 25 more minutes or until squash has reached the softness desired.
9. Sprinkle with dried cranberries (if desired) and drizzle with the Garlic-Sage Vinaigrette.
10. Serve warm.
The best part about these Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash Boats is that they are hearty enough to make a complete meal. Full of flavor and texture, they will never disappoint.
The Acorn Squash is one of our favorite ways to eat right alongside the fall season. But instead of eating it plain or mashed with oils and spices, we have turned it into the main feature.
By simply stuffing an Acorn Squash with a variety of things like onion, quinoa, kale, and peppers, you can have a complete (Vegan) fall meal at your fingertips.
The Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash Boat doesn’t end with the filling, though. Perhaps what gives it most of its flavor is the Garlic-Sage Vinaigrette dressing which requires no fresh garlic pieces, but instead the all-in-one Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil with Garlic.
The Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil with Garlic is a savory spin off from the original Organic Liquid Coconut Oil. Like its classic counterpart, the garlic-infused version has 0g trans fat, is non-hydrogenated, Vegan, and stays liquid (making it perfect for cooking year-round).
The Vinaigrette is complete on its own (without the Acorn Squash Boats), so it’s a recipe you can keep for all your salad and other dressing needs.
Let us know in the comments below if you give this recipe a try.
Interested in other ways to use Organic Liquid Coconut Oil? Click HERE to grab them.