- 2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, more to taste
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Avocado Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tsp za’atar, for serving
- 1/4 cup loosely-packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
Combine all the ingredients, except for the za’atar and cilantro, in a food processor or blender. Blend until very smooth, adding water as needed. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Place hummus in a serving bowl and top with more avocado oil, za’atar and cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed.