Ingredients:1⁄4 cup Nutiva All-Purpose Coconut Oil
2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
1⁄4 cup of granulated sugar
2 tablespoons of orange juice
1 teaspoon of orange zest
Pinch of salt
2 sheets of frozen puff pastry
8 ounces of brie cheese, cut into small pieces
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons of turbinado sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil and add the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, orange zest, and salt.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries are soft and the sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry to a 12-inch square. Cut out 12 circles using a 3-inch cookie cutter or a glass. Repeat with the other sheet of puff pastry.
5. Place a heaping teaspoon of cranberry sauce in the center of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges. Top with a piece of brie cheese. Brush the edges with some of the beaten egg and fold the circles in half, pressing the edges to seal. Crimp the edges with a fork and cut a small slit on the top of each hand pie.
6. Place the hand pies on the prepared baking sheets, leaving some space between them. Brush the tops with more of the beaten egg and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
7. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Let them cool slightly on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!