- 2 tbsp Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 4 cups dry shredded coconut
2 tbsp almonds
2 tbsp pistachios
1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut condensed milk
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup sugar
1) In a pan on medium heat, add Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor and roast the almonds and pistachios until browned.
2) Remove the nuts and add the coconut cream to the remaining coconut oil, stirring well.
3) Once the coconut cream comes to a boil, add coconut condensed milk and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
4) Add cardamom powder and stir again.
5) Now add the dry coconut, combine well, and mix for 5-10 minutes.
6) Add sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
7) Once the mixture comes together like a dough and does not stick to the pot, remove from heat and transfer to a greased tray.
8) Press the dough evenly with a spatula to cover the tray. The dough should be 1/2 inch thick across.
9) Garnish the coconut barfi with roasted nuts and refrigerate for 2 hours.
10) Cut the barfi into diamond shapes by making vertical columns, then diagonal rows all the way across the tray. Serve and enjoy!