1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour mix)
2 ½ tablespoons Matcha powder
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar or coconut sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, matcha powder, cornstarch and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the coconut oil and both sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and use a spatula to mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the dough to the refrigerator while you preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and form into a flattened disk. Cut in half, and then continue cutting each half until you have 8 pieces.
- Roll each portion into a cylinder shape, taller than wide.
- Place matcha dough 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until edges are set but centers are still soft.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.