Gluten free yellow cake mix:
Items needed for mix:
3 eggs (room temp)
1 1/4 cup almond milk (room temp)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1- 21 oz can apple pie filling
1 jar of caramel sauce
8oz tub whipped cream
1 cup of toffee bits
Optional: shaved chocolate
1. Lightly coat a 9 x 13 baking pan with a Nutiva butter flavored coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Add the can of apple pie filling to a food processor and pulse for 2 to 3 seconds to break up the chunks of apples.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Using a whisk mix together until frothy.
- 4. In another bowl, combine cake mix, and cinnamon. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Using a whisk mix until fully combined. Pour in the apple pie filling and mix while using a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 28-38 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cook for 15 - 20 minutes on a baking rack. Once cooled, using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes throughout the cake. Then pour the caramel sauce onto the cake making sure to fill the holes. Spread sauce over the cake. Place in the fridge for 3 hours or over night. Then, spread whipped cream over the entire cake. Follow with sprinkling crushed toffee bits and optional chocolate shavings.
- 5. Keep cake stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.