- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Avocado Oil, more for drizzling
- 1 1/3-1 1/2 cup water, more if needed
- 1 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 6-8 celery sticks, to serve
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as gorgonzola
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the hot sauce, avocado oil and water.
2. Add the cassava flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and sea salt and whisk until uniform. The batter should be thick enough to coat the cauliflower. If it's too thick, add a few more tablespoons of water. Add the cauliflower to the bowl and toss until evenly coated. Place the almond flour in another bowl. Using a fork, transfer the battered cauliflower to the almond flour, shaking off the excess batter. Coat evenly, then transfer to the basket of an air fryer. Leave at least 1/2-inch between each piece. You may need to cook them in two batches, depending on how big your air fryer basket is.
3. Drizzle a bit more avocado oil on top, then air fry for 20-30 minutes at 400F/200C, until browned and crispy. Flip the cauliflower pieces over halfway through.
4. Combine all the dip ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and whisk until uniform.
5. Serve cauliflower bites immediately with dip and celery sticks.