1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Optional: Drain the tofu and place a paper towel above and below the large cube, then place it between two cutting boards. Place a weighted item, like a book or skillet, on top of it to add more pressure. Let it sit for at least 10 minutes, ideally 30-40 if you have the time.
4. Drain the tofu and cut it into cubes.
6. Next, add the cornstarch and toss until fully coated.
7. Transfer the tofu to the lined baking sheet and make sure it all fits on one single layer.
8. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, and flip the tofu after 10 minutes. Bake until it’s browned and crispy. For extra crispiness, broil the tofu for 1 – 2 minutes before removing it from the oven.
9. Serve over white or brown rice. Top with chopped green onions for garnish. Drizzle with chili crisp sauce for extra spice!
*This recipe is adapted from The Cabin Diary.