These epic Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls are full of wild blueberries, cinnamon and healthy fats from our Organic Virgin Coconut Oil!
- 1 cup Lukewarm, Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 teaspoon Fast Action (Instant) Yeast
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 cups Wild Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen and Defrosted
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- Finely Grated Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1/3 cup Agave Syrup
- 3 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon Cornflour
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1. To make the dough, place the lukewarm milk, sugar, salt and coconut oil in a large bowl and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the yeast, then start adding the flour bit by bit until the mixture comes together. You may not need all the flour.
2. Dust a working surface and knead the dough for 6-8 minutes until uniform and springy. You can also do this with a mixer and dough attachment. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and let rise for 1-2 hours in a warm place, until doubled in size.
3. While the dough is rising, make the filling by mixing together the blueberries, lemon juice, zest, agave syrup, cinnamon and corn flour. Set aside.
4. Preheat oven to 375F. Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface, the spread the blueberry mixture on top. Roll the dough up, creating a cylinder, then slice crosswise to get about 6-8 rolls.
5. Place parchment paper in a small baking tin and arrange the buns. Cook for 30-35 minutes, until slightly browned on top. Let cool.
6. Make the icing by mixing together icing sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle on top of the buns.
Perfect for a special occasion or a casual weekend, these delicious, homemade Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls won’t disappoint!
Adding handfuls of wild blueberries and Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to this recipe adds antioxidants and healthy fats to start your day off on the right foot. Our Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is fair trade certified, making it good for people and the planet.
With loads of vitamin E and lauric acid, coconut is one of the world’s most nourishing superfoods and the versatility of coconut oil makes it easier than ever to enjoy all of it its nutritional benefits.