Plantain Breakfast Poppers made with Nutiva Coconut Flour
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, but what I eat for breakfast these days looks much different than it did several years ago. The things I love for breakfast have not changed, but the way in which I make them has changed quite a lot. Today I’m sharing a breakfast idea with you:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients, except for the Coconut Oil, in a food processor.
- Melt 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil, and then add it to the other ingredients in the food processor.
- Mix all ingredients together until mixture becomes smooth.
- Melt the other ~1tsp. Coconut Oil and brush your “Popper” pan with it. (I use a Cake Pop pan. You can also use a mini muffin pan.)
- Fill the cups with batter, about ¾’s full in each.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes. (Note: Watch them closely for the last 5 minutes, as every baking experience and oven is different.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Pop each Popper out, and enjoy!
I’ve always been a pancake, waffle, french toast and muffin kind of girl. Sugar plus “cake” and “carb” for breakfast was my heaven. That was until 2008, when I was diagnosed with Colitis and chose to feel better and heal my gut with food and lifestyle changes instead of drugs and medication. I took it upon myself to re-invent everything I fed my body, with the hopes of healing while still eating in the most delicious way possible.
I taught myself to cook and bake, and I have spent hundreds (if not thousands) of hours in the kitchen practicing with ingredients that were new to me, including coconut flour.
These days, I am nourished by a purely unprocessed diet. I eat whole foods just as they were intended to be eaten or I combine those whole foods to create delicious recipes for my family, friends, and the A Gutsy Girl community.