Middle Eastern Kale Salad with Red Palm Oil
An earthy, spiced, and iron-rich side salad, with a hint of sweetness from apples and golden raisins and the added healthy fats of Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil.
- 1 bunch Kale (organic; ribs removed and leaves roughly chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (organic)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil Organic Red Palm Oil
- 1/2 Lemon (organic; juiced)
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Carrot (organic, medium; peeled & finely grated - should yield about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 Apple (organic, crisp; peeled, cored, and finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp Olives (oil cured, pitted; halved)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hempseed (optional) Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1/4 cup Golden Raisins (organic)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (raw; sliced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine the kale with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Using your hands, massage the kale until the olive oil is coating the leaves and they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the red palm oil, cumin and turmeric.
- Add the mixture to the kale with carrot, apple, raisins, almonds, olives and hempseeds, and toss lightly until just combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...