Lemon Chia Seed Scones
Here’s a recipe that will revolutionize breakfast for you! Are you ready to start your mornings with these delightful Chia Scones?
- 2 cups Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (use organic when possible)
- ¾ cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar Organic Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Organic Nutiva Chia Seeds Organic Chia Seed
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- 1 tbsp Bee Pollen (optional)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 tbsp Nutiva Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg (large; can be substituted with ¼ cup chia gel + 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hempseed (optional) Organic Shelled Hempseed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together flours, sugar, chia seeds, hempseeds, bee pollen, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt in a food processor. Add in the coconut oil, turning the processor on and off with (pulse) until the butter is coarsely mixed in, about the size of peas.
- Slowly add the coconut milk and process just until the mixture is combined. Add more milk if the dough seems too dry.
- Using floured hands, gather the dough into a ball and form into an 8-inch round. Cut the round into eight wedges. Transfer the wedges to a large baking sheet. If desired, brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the scones until they are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Move them over to a rack to cool.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...