Dreamy Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour gluten-free consider up to 25% coconut flour, you may need a little more moisture
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot powder
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder gluten-free
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (melted) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener such as Swerve
- 1/2 cup yogurt soy or milk, plain
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp chocolate extract
- 1 cup water hot
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together the chocolate powder, gluten-free flour, potato starch, arrowroot, gluten-free baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt; set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer with paddle attachment, blend the melted coconut oil, honey, Swerve, soy yogurt, vanilla extract and chocolate extract. Add the prepared dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine. Add in the hot water and mix until the batter is smooth, about 2 minutes. Allow batter stand 2 minutes.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with foil liners. With an ice cream scoop, pour 1/3 cup batter into each prepared cup. Bake the cupcakes on the center rack for 22 minutes, rotating the baking sheet after 15 minutes. Cupcakes are done when they bounce back when gently touched in the center.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack and cool completely.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...