Baked Butternut Casserole
This delicious butternut squash recipe is a great example of how to use coconut oil for cooking! Make it even better with Nutiva Coconut Manna.
- 1 large Butternut Squash
- 1/2 medium - large Onions (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
- 4 tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Split your squash and place cut-side down on a greased cookie sheet, using 2 of your tablespoons of oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- While squash is baking, sauté the onions and mushrooms in one tablespoon of coconut oil until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven, scoop out squash and season to taste.
- Place in a greased 9×13 in. baking dish, using the rest of your coconut oil to coat pan. Spread squash in pan but making two ditches, one on each side. Place onions and mushrooms into these ditches.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with mozzarella just over the ditches. Place back in oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...