Arugula Summer Salad with Grapefruit, Hempseeds and Candied Pecans
Here’s a light and flavorful healthy salad ¬– with added texture from the pecans and hempseeds.
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup Organic Shelled Hempseed
- [b]Candied Pecans:[/b]
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Organic Hempseed Oil
- Pinch each salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon
- [b]Hemp Oil Vinaigrette:[/b]
- 1/4 cup Organic Hempseed Oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1 tsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Candied Pecans: Preheat oven to 325°F. Toss together pecans, coconut sugar, oil, salt, cayenne and cinnamon; scatter in single layer onto parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 or 10 minutes or until golden brown and candied, rotating pan halfway through cooking time. Let cool completely.
- Hemp Oil Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, shallot, coconut sugar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Using a sharp paring knife, peel grapefruit, following the natural curve of the fruit to remove bitter white pith. Working over a bowl to catch the juices, cut between membranes to release segments. Add 1 Tbsp juice to vinaigrette (reserve remaining juice for another use).
- Toss arugula with vinaigrette; toss gently with grapefruit and avocado. Transfer to serving platter; top with hempseeds and Candied Pecans.
Here’s a light and flavorful healthy salad – with added texture from the pecans and hempseeds.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...