Nothing says summer like a sweet mix of hydrating Watermelon Chia Slurry. The combination of chia seeds and kombucha is your perfect summer powerhouse.
- ½ of 1 medium watermelon
- 2 tablespoons Organic Chia Seed
- ¾ of a bottle (divided) of Wild Tonic Jun Kombucha (or kombucha of choice )
1. Soak 2 tablespoons of chia seed in ½ cup of Kombucha for 7-10 minutes.
2. Cut the watermelon in half and scoop it into a 6 cup blender (a ladle works well) up to “5 cups of the way” and add 1 cup of ice.
3. Pack it all down with the ladle or bottom of a cup, and then add more ice.
4. Blend well, pour into a big bowl and add the chia gel and the Jun Kombucha then stir well.
5. Pour mix back into the blender and add another ½ cup of ice. Then pour what will fit into a carafe.
6. Pour the remainder into a couple of glasses and garnish with basil or lime, if desired.
Make ahead of time and pack in a picnic, then find a cool spot under the trees. Kids and adults can easily enjoy this beat-the-heat beverage! So what are you waiting for? It’s time to enjoy your very own glass of Watermelon Chia Slurry.