There is nothing like a tasty, hearty salad. Our spin on a classic Greek Salad recipe is, dare we say, better than the original! This recipe proves that you don’t need dairy or meat to make a salad great. Our homemade tofu ‘feta cheese’ and dressing take this salad to the next level.
We use our new Organic Avocado Oil for the salad dressing and homemade tofu ‘feta cheese’ marinade. Nutiva Organic Avocado Oils are pure and made from organic avocados rich in potassium, folate and Vitamins K, C and E. This culinary oil is extremely versatile and safe to use in medium to high heat cooking, grilling, stir-frying, baking or broiling.
FOR THE TOFU FETA CHEESE:
- 250g / 8.8oz extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white miso paste
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup water
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup Organic Avocado Oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SALAD:
- 3 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium-sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1. To make the tofu feta, place the tofu between two paper towels and put something heavy on top. Let it sit for at least an hour, so that the water is pressed out. Cut into cubes and add to a medium-sized jar. Set aside.
2. Prepare marinade by whisking together the lemon juice, miso paste, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and water until even. Pour the marinade on top of the tofu. Place jar in the fridge and let the tofu marinate for at least 2 hours.’
3. Add the dressing ingredients to the bottom of a large salad bowl and whisk until uniform.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives parsley and tofu feta. Toss to combine.
5. Divide between bowls and serve. Enjoy!