For the falafel:
- 1 (15.5-oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil, plus more for cooking
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 1/4 cup water, or more for a thinner consistency
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from about 2 freshly squeezed lemons
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
For the bowl:
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cupthinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup microgreens or sprouts
- Hempseeds to garnish
Add all the falafel ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
Heat more coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once warm, add in heaping tablespoon portions of the falafel mixture. With a greased spatula, press down on the tops of the falafel to form a plump flat disc, about ½ inch tall.
Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes, and flip. Cook until the second side is golden, about another 2-3 minutes.
While the falafels are cooking, add the dressing ingredients to a blender, or small food processor, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
To assemble the bowls, add a fourth of the greens, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, andonions to each bowl. Top with falafel, drizzle with dressing, garnish with microgreens and hemp seeds. Enjoy!