1 tablespoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1 white onion, diced
6 fuji persimmons chopped into approx 1 inch square(ish) pieces
¼ cup pomegranate jewels (seeds)
½ cup water
juice of one lemon
1 Jalapeño pepper sliced
1 large garlic clove sliced thin
1 ½ inches of peeled and finely grated ginger
2 tablespoons Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tablespoon Organic Hemp Seed Oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1. In a large frying pan, heat up 1 tablespoon of Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil on medium to medium high. Making sure it does not smoke.
2. Add the diced onion, salt it then cook until it sweats and browns slightly on the edges, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the chopped persimmons and water and cover, let parboil for 4-5 minutes.
4. Uncover. Move the cooked mixture to one side (the water is absorbed quite a bit by now) and add a teaspoon of Buttery Coconut Oil, let it melt a minute or so then put the thinly sliced garlic into the bit of oil cook for about a minute, until just slightly crisp on the edges. Then, stir it into the mix.
5. Now add the sliced jalapeño, Coconut Sugar, ginger, chili flakes, and lemon.
6. Add another ⅛ cup of water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
7. Taste and add salt if needed.
8. Turn off the heat and stir in Hemp Oil.
9. Enjoy on mashed potatoes, with stuffing and with all of your Holiday fixings.