A comforting fall meal complete with roasted root vegetables, organic rice, and a maple-garlic dressing.
1 small sweet potato, cut in half then into thin strips lengthwise
2 whole beets, cubed
3 large carrots, cut into thirds then into thin strips lengthwise
1 medium purple onion, sliced
1 cup Organic Basmati White Rice (we used Lotus Foods)
avocado, as desired
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Ingredients: Maple Garlic Dressing
1/2 cup Organic Liquid Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prep all vegetables (sweet potato, beets, carrots, onion), and place on a large baking pan.
3. Brush vegetables with a liberal amount of Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil with Garlic.
4. Bake for 45 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package, and slice your avocado into thin slices.
6. Make the Maple Garlic Dressing by placing all ingredients in a glass jar or salad dressing shaker, and shake or whisk until completely blended together.
7. Once the vegetables are done roasting, remove them from the oven, and begin building your bowl.
8. Add the rice, roasted vegetables, and avocado to a bowl, then drizzle Maple Garlic Dressing liberally over the top.
9. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Our Roasted Root Vegetable Buddha Bowl will have you settling into fall immediately.
Some of our favorite root vegetables include sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, and onions, all of which we chose to include in our Roasted Root Vegetable Buddha Bowl.
We kept this bowl simple, filling it with just root vegetables, organic white rice, avocado, and a homemade dressing.
But the flavor profile is incredible because of the vegetable variety mixed with a liberal amount of homemade dressing, which includes the Nutiva Organic Liquid Coconut Oil with Garlic.
Are you ready to make this fall your best yet?
Roasted Root Vegetable Buddha Bowl
Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
Wondering how to make your own Buddha Bowl?