Not all Holiday mixed nuts need to be candied and sweet. In fact, some of the best nut mixes are salty and savory. This nut mix is just that, salty and savory, but with a bonus of the fresh-herbed kick.
1 cup pecan halves
1 cup cashew halves
2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1. Line a small pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Place pecans and cashews in a saucepan, and toast on low for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
3. Add in the coconut sugar and cook over low, constantly stirring, until sugar melts (be careful not to burn).
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring constantly, until all are completely mixed together.
5. Transfer mixture to parchment-lined pan.
6. Place in freezer for about 60 minutes.
7. Remove from freezer, break apart pieces and enjoy.
8. Note: This herbed nut recipe also makes a great topping or addition to other dishes.