Lightened sweetened with Organic Coconut Sugar, this Honeysuckle Horchata beverage is just what this summer is calling for.
- 1 ½ Lundberg Sprouted Brown Rice
- 1 cup Organic Shelled Hemp Seed
- ¾ cup Honeysuckle flowers
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cups water for soaking
- 2 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup water (for chia gel)
- 2 tablespoons Organic Liquid Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ½ cups water
1. Pour 3 cups of water into a blender and add the rice and hempseeds.
2. Toss in the Honeysuckle flowers and 2 sticks of cinnamon.
3. Soak this mix for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
4. Puree the mixture on high until everything that is solid and broken into tiny pieces (at least a quarter of the size of a grain of rice).
5. Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth) and into a large mason jar (that holds a total of 10 cups of liquid) by straining about a cup of the mix at a time. Discard the solids each time, and squeeze out every last bit of ‘juice’.
6. Make chia gel by measuring in the White Chia Seeds and pouring the water into a small bowl. Stir and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Set aside until just before serving.
7. Pour the strained mix back into the blender and add the Liquid Coconut Oil, Coconut Sugar, and vanilla extract.
8. Blend on high for a minute until frothy.
9. Add mixture back into the big mason jar and add the chia gel, sea salt, and 8 ½ cups of water.
10. Shake and serve over ice.
We had a hanker’n for some Honeysuckle Horchata and after you try it, you just might have a hanker’n for some too!
It’s lightly sweetened with Nutiva’s Organic Coconut Sugar.
The base is a perfect blend of hempseeds and sprouted rice.
This yummy beverage is perfect for your Summer get together.
Click HERE to save this post for later.