This is a delightfully refreshing and filling grain salad loaded with lots of veggies.
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked & cooled
- 1/3 cup kale, de-stemmed
- 1/3 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, cubed
- 1/4 cup avocado
- 2-3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3-4 tbsp lemon, juice
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1-2 tsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt & pepper
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
1. Stack and roll the raw kale leaves in a bundle and slice along the edge to make kale slivers. Cut in half or thirds.
2. Gently mix all salad ingredients together with the quinoa, stirring in the avocados last so they don’t mush in the mix.
3. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour the desired amount ( about 1/2 of contents) over the quinoa vegetable salad and stir in.
4. Adjust lemon, salt and pepper to taste and serve.