- 1 tablespoon Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups of shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 pounds of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 3 large handfuls of greens, like spinach or kale
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, for swirl
- Black sesame seeds
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Pepitas, toasted
- Dill, chopped
Instructions1. Heat a large soup pot over medium-low heat and add the coconut oil. Once shimmering, add the onions and celery and season with ½ teaspoon of the salt and black pepper to taste. Cook until the vegetables until soft, this should take 6-8 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for a few minutes while stirring.
2. Pour in the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and cashews, and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the soup into a high-powered blender and add in the herbs, remaining salt, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. This may need to be done in batches. Blend the mixture until it becomes a creamy soup. Add more broth if it needs to be thinned out.
4. Pour into serving bowls and garnish with your favorite fresh toppings! We used coconut milk to create a swirl, then added black sesame seeds, pine nuts, pepitas, and chopped dill.
*This recipe is adapted from Rainbow Plant Life