This is an easy nutrient packed summertime drink that is perfect for those hot Summer days.
- 3 pink grapefruits
- 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Chia Seed
- 1-2 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
1. Let your chia seeds plump up in 2 cups of water and set aside.
2. Juice the grapefruits and limes into a quart mason jar. If you’re wanting this to be on the sweeter side, or have tart grapefruits, add in the coconut sugar to taste.
3. Add in the 2 cups of water with the chia seeds to the citrus juice jar and fill with water until full, just below the lip. Close with a lid and shake well to mix. At this point, you could pour the cooler over ice and enjoy immediately, or let it chill in the fridge for later.
4. When serving, garnish with mint leaves a slice of lime or with a grapefruit rind.
The Kosmic Kitchen created this easy summertime Grapefruit Mint Chia Cooler that is sure to cool you down on the hottest of days. This drink is not only delicious but nutrient-packed! Chia seeds are known for their moisturizing properties, perfect for adding to drinks in the drier months.
To make this simple Grapefruit Mint Chia Cooler you will only need these 5 simple ingredients that can be found around the house.
Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds are vegan, raw, gluten free, and non-GMO. They are a great addition to beverages or baked goods. These mighty seeds are packed with omega-3, proteins, and rare antioxidants and fiber.