- 1 3/4 cups cold heavy cream or plant-based alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 13 oz jar (about 1 1/4 cups) room temperature Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8-9 graham crackers)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the cold heavy cream and vanilla. Whip to stiff peaks using an electric mixer. If needed, soften the chocolate spread in the microwave briefly, but make sure it’s not hot or it will melt the whipped cream. Gently fold the spread into the whipped cream, losing as little air from the mousse as possible.
2. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of a small serving glass or jar. Spoon or pipe 1/3 cup of mousse on top, followed by another layer of crumbs and another 1/3 cup of mousse on top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Chill for at least 3 hours.
3. Before serving, place the egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan with simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Whisk constantly for 3-4 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and beat using a handheld or stand mixer for another 4-5 minutes, or until glossy stiff peaks form.
4. Pipe or spoon the whipped egg whites on top of the mousse. Sere immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Torch the topping with a kitchen torch just before serving.