- 2 medium granny smith apples, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the pancakes:
- 2 cup s gluten - free oat flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon s baking powder
- 2 teaspoon s cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup applesauce , at room temperature
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon s pure vanilla extract
instructions1. Melt the coconut oil in a skillet over medium - high heat. Add in the apples and coconut sugar. Cook, stirring often, until the apples are tender and golden, about 7 - 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the oat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix i n the almond milk, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla. Fold the cooked apples into the batter.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, coat the bottom with a small amount of coconut oil. Using a 1/3 cup measure, form pancakes in the skillet. Cook until golden brown on the underside and the top has darkened in color, about 3 - 5 minutes. Flip, and cook another 2 minutes. Repeat with the remaining pancakes