1 cup coconut sugar
4 tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
2 pasture raised eggs, whites separated.
4 oz Forager Blueberry Cashewgurt
1 ¾ cups One Degree Sprouted Spelt Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 ½ cup frozen blueberries (thawed and drained)
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of a 10-inch round pan with parchment paper. To do this you’ll need to trace around the pan and cut out a circle to fit in the bottom of the pan. Grease the sides of the pan and flour it with about ½ tablespoon of your flour.
3. Grab 3 mixing bowls; a bigger one for wet ingredients, a medium one for dry, and a smaller one to whip the egg whites into.
4. Separate the egg yolks into the “wet bowl” and measure in the coconut sugar, and coconut oil.
5. Add the yogurt in and with a mixer blend it all for 3-4 minutes until well combined and set aside.
6. Fold in the blueberries
7. Over the “dry bowl”, have a sieve ready and work the flour, baking powder, and sea salt through, then set aside.
8. In the small bowl, peak the eggs by using a hand held mixer to whip air into them. Start on slow and gradually increase the speed until it’s on high. Stop when the peaks are stiff.
9. Add the dry bowl’s contents in by three parts into the wet bowl to ensure it all combines well. This will take about 5 minutes total of mixing with the hand held mixer.
10. Once the dry and wet bowls are totally mixed it’s time to gently fold the peaked eggs into the mix. The point of adding them in this way is to add more air into the batter which makes for a fluffier cake.
11. Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and pop in the oven for 36-38 minutes.
12. Check with a toothpick when it smells like its getting close.
13. Remove gently from the pan and place on a turntable to frost.