Our favorite desserts are the kind made with vegetables, and these vegan Chai-Spiced Sweet Potato Cupcakes fit the bill! Infused with the rich, buttery flavor of our Organic Vegan Ghee and the comforting warmth of chai spices, these cupcakes are sure to satisfy any cravings for bold flavor. This recipe proves that you don’t need gluten, dairy, or refined sugar to make delicious, guilt-free cupcakes.
- ½ cup mashed orange sweet potato
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted Organic Vegan Ghee
- ¼ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Organic Shelled Hemp Seed
- 1 tablespoon Organic Chia Seed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- 1 cup mashed white sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons melted Organic Vegan Ghee
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, stir together all the wet ingredients. Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
Divide the batter among the 12 cups and smooth with a spoon, if needed. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until the tops of the cupcakes are firm and spring back when pressed.
Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes in the tin. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
Add all the frosting ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, and then blend for one more minute until the frosting becomes fluffy.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost and top with extra hemp seeds to garnish. Enjoy!