nutiva organic buttery coconut oil
Coconut oil just got better if you can even imagine such a thing happening! Our delicious blend of premium organic refined coconut oil and organic buttery flavor provides the benefits of coconut oil with the taste of butter.
The organic refined coconut oil is made through a certified organic steam refining process. Absolutely no chemicals are used! (Learn more about the Organic Refined Coconut Oil HERE.)
The Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil Buttery Flavor is made from expeller-pressed refined coconut oil and our proprietary vegan “buttery flavor.” Nutiva’s buttery flavor is derived from pure non-GMO certified organic, fermented, gluten-free plants including sunflower, coconut, and mint.
The product gets its color from just a touch of organic unrefined red palm fruit oil. When the hint of red is blended with the white coconut oil base, it creates a creamy yellow color similar to butter.
nutiva organic buttery coconut oil facts
- Technically the smoke point is 365°F, which is the smoke point of refined coconut oil. However, the added vegan buttery flavor starts to break down and lose its strength at higher temperatures. Thus to retain the buttery flavor, we recommend low to medium heat cooking not to exceed about 325°F. The added vegan buttery flavor does not lower the smoke point, so it’s safe to use up to 365°F, but the buttery flavor may be diminished.
- Ingredients: Organic Refined Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil, Organic Vegan Buttery Flavor, Organic Unrefined Red Palm Oil (for color). (Nutiva partners with Natural Habitats in Ecuador to ensure that no habitat is harmed and only sustainable growing practices are used. All red palm oil is from small, organic family farms. Learn more about it HERE and HERE.)
- Certified Organic
- Certified Non-GMO
- Non-Hydrogenated and 0g Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- 62% MCTs (medium chain triglycerides)
- Non-hydrogenated and 0g trans fats
- Expeller-pressed—absolutely no hexane or chemical solvents used to extract the oil
The Nutiva Organic Buttery Coconut Oil contains all the benefits of coconut oil (including the MCTs and Lauric Acid) without the coconut flavor.
Like our other coconut oil products, you should store the Organic Buttery Coconut Oil at room temperature and out of direct sunlight. No refrigeration is required. Coconut oil is naturally liquid at warmer temperatures and is semi-solid to solid at cooler temperatures. It is perfectly natural to see it change between these two states.
Some suggested uses include: drizzle on popcorn, as a spread on toast or bread, for sautéing and in baked goods. For best results when baking, use ¾ of the recipe’s indicated amount of butter and replace the remaining ¼ with water.
The product is available via Nutiva.com, Sprout’s Markets, and will be coming soon to more retailers.