11 lower-sugar holiday desserts
Halloween through December 31st tends to leave us feeling full of sugar and stuck in a permanent sugar coma haze. This year, we want to help combat that sugar-filled state with 11 Lower-Sugar Holiday Desserts.
Lower sugar means something different to everyone.
To us, it means less added sugars and of those added sugars, using natural sugars (agave, coconut sugar, honey, maple, molasses, and date) whenever possible.
We hope you enjoy these 11 ideas as much as we have enjoyed testing them out for you!
Click HERE to save this post for later.
1. Apple Pie Chia Pudding. All the flavor of Apple Pie, without the full-of-sugar traditional pie to go along with it.
2. Vanilla Crescent Cookies. Fun, festive and part of the Heavenly Healthy Christmas series that Heavenlynn Healthy put together.
3. MCT Pumpkin Spice Latte. The perfect, cozy latte to enjoy all season long.
4. Lemon Coconut Cream Sandwich Cookies. Not only are these cookies lower in sugar, but they are also gluten free, grain free, dairy free and Paleo.
5. Pumpkin Spiced Whip Cream. Add this Vegan whip cream recipe to any and all desserts for something extra delicious with hardly any added sugar.
6. 1 Minute Iced Gingerbread Mug Cake. Short on time, but not wanting to sacrifice a flavorful dessert? We love this idea from The Big Man’s World.
7. Apple Pumpkin Muffins. Whether you need a dessert-like option for brunch or just another dessert buffet option, these Apple Pumpkin Muffins are bound to do the trick.
8. No Bake Herbed Nuts. These nuts combine the best of sweet meets savory and can be a part of an appetizer or dessert menu.
9. Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake. Not only is this a lower-sugar option, but it’s also low carb and gluten free.
10. Big & Chewy Paleo Gingerbread Cookies. Just like the Gingerbread cookies you always loved, but now they can be made Paleo and use only coconut sugar and molasses.
11. Sugar-Free Cranberry Stuffed Coconut Flour Scones. Lower sugar meets coconut flour. Count us in!
Not so concerned about lower sugar, but just a fantastic holiday dessert? You must try our Vegan Puppy Chow, Molasses Cookies, and Classic Pumpkin Pie.
Interested in baking this holiday season with Coconut Flour, but unsure of where to start?
Click HERE to grab these 13 Things to Know About Coconut Flour.
Let us know in the comments below which of these is your favorite and/or if you have any great recipes to add to the list.