Warm Summer Salad
Using fresh ingredients like zucchini, tomatoes, and lemon, this Warm Summer Salad proved to be the perfect mashup in transitioning from winter to spring.
- 2 cups corn kernels, frozen
- 2 cups zucchini
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- Arugula, as desired
- Basil, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then chop into ½-inch pieces. Set aside.
- Sauté corn and zucchini in Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter & Garlic Flavors on medium for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes, then sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Place over a bed of arugula and serve with basil as desired.
We created this Warm Summer Salad as a way to transition from winter to spring.
As we start breaking away from the warm, comfort foods and into the lighter fares, a Warm Summer Salad proved to be the perfect mashup.
You can bring the following three main ingredients to life by simply infusing them with fresh-squeezed lemon and Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors: corn kernels, zucchini, and baby tomatoes.
Arugula is on our Eating with the Seasons: Spring list, so it made for a wonderful bed to lay the warm salad over.
Alternatively (or in combination with), you can pair this warm salad with rice for a light and fresh, spring bowl.
No matter what you choose, this Warm Summer Salad will not disappoint.
What are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients, and dig in.
You can find the Organic Coconut Oil with Butter and Garlic Flavors at Walmart nationwide.