Thai Peanut Sauce
Need a sauce to make a big impression? This Thai Peanut Sauce is your ticket. She’s spicy and everyone’s taste buds will be dancing. Go ahead, take your turn and tango. With just a few minutes and some hemp oil to make and take, this sauce will be the life of the party.
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Organic Hemp Oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 in by 1 in piece Ginger, peeled
- 1 ¼ inch soft piece Lemongrass, peeled
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Peel back the hard layers of lemon grass until it feels soft and smells strong. Cut off the excess at the larger end and trim up the skinner end until about 4-5 inches is left, then cut that down to 2 ½ inches so you have enough to hold onto and grate off approximately 1 ¼ inches.
- Peel the skin off of about a 3-inch long piece Ginger. Grate off 2 inches.
- In a mason jar, add the rice vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, lemon grass, peanut butter and Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil to the jar. Set aside.
- Mince Garlic. Heat a small pan for 1 minute. Add Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. Add and fry the garlic for 1 ½ minutes on a little under medium heat.
- Add garlic to the jar, then sea salt and hot sauce. Add water too.
- Shake, Shake Shake Señora 😉 .. for about a minute. Let it set for 5 minutes and then it’s ready for dipping, pouring and slathering.
Try this sauce over noodles, zoodles, or rice. Let us know in the comments below how you like it!