This Sweet Puttanesca simply cannot be beat. Frying garlic and onions in the Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil creates a richly flavored sauce with black olives, tomatoes, and capers. This sauce is perfect to serve over your favorite pasta.
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- 1 cup Onion (coarsely chopped)
- 9 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 3 1/2 cups Plum Tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cups Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 2 tbsp Capers (rinsed if packed in salt)
- 1/3 cup Parsley (coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and sauté for 3-5 minutes until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in the tomatoes, olives and capers. Simmer for 5-10 minutes to lightly cook the tomatoes.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes to blend flavors, or until parsley turns bright green.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- Serve over up to half a pound of your favorite pasta.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...