- 3/4 cup
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted Buttery Coconut Oil, 1 cup sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in the molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger; blend into the molasses mixture. Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Roll dough into walnut sized balls, and roll them in the remaining white sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until tops are cracked. Cool on wire racks.
Molasses Cookies are a festive cookie we enjoy every holiday season.
One year we shared the recipe for our Festive Coconut Sugar Cookies with Coconut Icing, along with 7 other holiday dessert recipes inspired by the superfood coconut.
This year, we wanted to share another cookie recipe since what goes better with a cup of Hazelnut Hot Chocolate than cookies?
We chose Molasses Cookies because molasses boasts benefits such as combats stress, promotes skin health, stabilizes blood sugar health, improves bone health and more. But the real reason you’ll love these is because they taste delicious!
Click HERE to save for later.
Do you like Molasses Cookies? How about other favorite recipes that use molasses? We’d love to hear from you in the comments below.