Lightened sweetened with Organic Coconut Sugar, this Honeysuckle Horchata beverage is just what this summer is calling for.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a blender and add the rice and hempseeds.
- Toss in the Honeysuckle flowers and 2 sticks of cinnamon.
- Soak this mix for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).
- Puree the mixture on high until everything that is solid and broken into tiny pieces (at least a quarter of the size of a grain of rice).
- Strain the mixture through a nut milk bag (or cheesecloth) and into a large mason jar (that holds a total of 10 cups of liquid) by straining about a cup of the mix at a time. Discard the solids each time, and squeeze out every last bit of ‘juice’.
- Make chia gel by measuring in the White Chia Seeds and pouring the water into a small bowl. Stir and let sit for 5-7 minutes. Set aside until just before serving.
- Pour the strained mix back into the blender and add the Liquid Coconut Oil, Coconut Sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Blend on high for a minute until frothy.
- Add mixture back into the big mason jar and add the chia gel, sea salt, and 8 ½ cups of water.
- Shake and serve over ice.
We had a hanker’n for some Honeysuckle Horchata and after you try it, you just might have a hanker’n for some too!
It’s lightly sweetened with Nutiva’s Organic Coconut Sugar.
The base is a perfect blend of hempseeds and sprouted rice.
This yummy beverage is perfect for your Summer get together.
Click HERE to save this post for later.