Cinnamon-Spice Chicory Tea
Do you love coffee, but need to reduce or eliminate caffeine consumption? Reap all the benefits of adding Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil to your warm beverage without any extra caffeine.
- 2 tsp Chicory Root (ground)
- 1 cinnamon stick (whole)
- 1 tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 cup water
- Place Chicory Root and cinnamon stick in tea kettle.
- Boil water, and pour over Chicory Root and cinnamon stick. Cover and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
- Place brewed tea along with Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in a blender, and blend on high for 15-30 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy.
Wake up, and good morning! Are you looking for a morning coffee alternative? We have it for you today with this Cinnamon Spice Chicory Tea.
Do you love coffee, but need to reduce or eliminate caffeine consumption?
The secret to this recipe is to use Chicory Tea vs. coffee. (Interested in learning more about Chicory? We love this post via the Huffington Post, “Here’s What Chicory Is, and Why It’s In Your Coffee.”)
Of course, there is also one other secret to this coffee….coconut oil. Reap all the benefits of adding Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil to your warm beverage without any extra caffeine.
Click HERE to save this recipe to your Pinterest!
Do you have any great coffee alternatives? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
If you make this coffee, share it with us by tagging us on Instagram with @Nutiva and/or #Nutiva. (p.s. You could also become our fan-of-the-week!)