Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
Great as a topping on anything from toast to pancakes, this jam is packed with blueberry flavor and the healthy benefits of chia seeds.
- Lightly mash the blueberries (if you’re using frozen ones, make sure to unthaw)
- Place the blueberries, coconut sugar and lemon in a medium-sized pan on the stove
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often
- Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes and continue to “mash” the blueberries with a fork or masher (you’ll want to mash them until they reach desired consistency, leaving some a little chunkier for even more texture in the jam)
- Let it cool
- Once cooled, bring to a simmer once again, add chia seeds and stir frequently for about 8-10 minutes
- Remove entire mixture from heat, and let it cool completely
- Transfer to a Mason jar (or other storage container), and store in the fridge
Related Recipes You might be interested in...