Zesty Coconut Poppy Hempseed Muffins
- 1 cup Almond Milk (can be substituted with coconut or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Chia Seed
- 1/2 cup Dried Goji Berries (optional)
- 2 cups Spelt Flour (organic; can be substituted with whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon (can be substituted with 1 1/2 tsp organic lemon extract)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Applesauce (organic)
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chia seeds with almond milk and goji berries, then set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, fine shred coconut, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, and salt.
- Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, applesauce and maple syrup to the chia/milk/goji berry mixture and stir till combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Spoon the batter into lightly greased muffin tins or muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle with extra hemp seeds if desired.
- Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack.
Made With Nutiva
Recipe submitted by Tami Stingley
Related Recipes You might be interested in...