Wild Rice and Mushroom Pilaf
YUM! Earthy flavored, gluten-free wild rice combines beautifully with aromatic vegetables and garlic for a pilaf that can also be served stuffed into a winter squash.
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 cups Cremini Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Rice
- 1 cup Leeks (white and tender green parts, coarsely chopped)
- 2/3 cups Celery (sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (sliced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 cups Water
- Boil water (ideally in a kettle, as it will be poured into skilled).
- While water is boiling, melt the red palm oil in a 9 inch heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, wild rice, leeks, celery and garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables take on a brighter hue.
- Lower the heat and slowly pour in the water, then stir in salt. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- Serve immediately as a pilaf or stuffed into your prebaked acorn or carnival squash.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...