White Bean Chili Recipe
This White Bean Chili recipe came just in time for these cold winter nights. Pop open your Coconut Oil and get started on this warm hearty meal.
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans no-salt-added or other white beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
- 1 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 11/2 cups onion White chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 4 oz Mexican chipotle sausage Meatless (such as Field Roast), finely chopped
- 2 poblano chiles seeded and chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin Ground
- 11/2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp oregano Chopped Fresh
- 2 tsp hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 15.5-Ounce can white hominy , rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbsp onions Green thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped fresh
- 8 lime wedges
- Mash 2/3 cup beans with a fork.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add sausage, and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, and poblanos; sauté 6 minutes.
- Add chili powder and cumin; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add mashed beans, whole beans, 1 1/2 cups water, and the next 4 ingredients (through hominy).
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in green onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- * meatless Mexican chipotle sausage is optional
Related Recipes You might be interested in...