Vegan Spinach and Cheese Pasta
This dish has the crunchiness of shallot and corn, accompanied by the creamy taste of cheese, followed by the tartness of the lemon juice. Vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 in Ginger
- 1/2 packet Pasta (I used Tinkyada Gluten-Free spaghetti)
- 1 cup Corn (organic, frozen, non-GMO)
- 1 packet Spinach (frozen)
- 1-2 cups Dairy-Free Cheese (I used Daiya Pepper Jack)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (or chili pepper; optional)
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- While pasta is cooking (follow directions on package), put 1 Tablespoon of Nutiva Hemp Seed in Vitamix or powerful blender along with 1 cup of water and blend (approx. 45 seconds) until you get hemp milk.
- Chop up 1 shallot, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 inch of ginger. Leave for 5 minutes to enhance nutritional value.
- Soak 1 cup of frozen corn in warm water to thaw.
- In pressure cooker, place the garlic, 1/2 of the chopped shallot, frozen spinach and ginger to cook with 1/2 cup water and add salt to taste. Cook until spinach is tender.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of Nutiva Coconut Oil and saute the remaining chopped shallot. (If you like more garlic, you can saute another clove of garlic at this time.) Drain the water from the corn and add to the chopped shallot, then blend in the cooked spinach along with the hemp milk, Daiya cheese*, salt and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Cook for a few minutes until cheese is melted and pasta is coated with spinach and cheese sauce.
- *Add cheese according to your taste (anywhere from 1 -2 cups)
Related Recipes You might be interested in...