What is a Thanksgiving without the gravy? But what if you prefer a Vegan Gravy? We have a recipe to make your very own Vegan Gravy today!
- 1 cup plus a ½ cup Pacific Vegetable Broth
- ½ cup Organic Shelled Hempseed
- ¼ cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tablespoon Sonoma Harvest Cider (red wine could be used)
- ¾ teaspoon Eden Brown Mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Organic Coconut Sugar
- In a large pan, heat three tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Add the Nutiva Hempseeds and cook stirring frequently, for about three minutes until it begins to smell nutty.
- In the pan move the cooked hempseeds to the side and add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Fry the garlic until slightly crispy and fragrant, about a minute.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast and sea salt.
- Add the Sonoma Harvest Cider, Eden Brown Mustard, Nutiva Coconut Sugar, one cup Pacific Vegetable broth. Stir well.
- Whisk in the Coconut Flour.
- Add the other ½ cup of Pacific Vegetable Broth and stir.
- Let cool down for five minutes then add to a food processor.
- Pulse until creamy.
- Serve over Cauliflower Faux “Mashed Potatoes”
This Vegan Gravy will complement any Superfood Holiday Menu perfectly.
With ingredients like broth, nutritional yeast, hempseed, and coconut flour, you’re in for a really “gravy” treat!